lunes, 5 de febrero de 2018

Oven Baked Mashed Potatoes. (Mexican Traditional Way)

OVEN BAKED MASHED POTATOES.

Why you don't give a try to this delicious oven baked mash potatoes as a Side dish. This Dish is Traditional from the Isthmus of Tehuantepec. I bet you will not be regret to try.
I add 3 tsp of mustard and 3 Tbsp of sour cream and butter. If you decide to use Egg, add at the end and mix with all ingredients before put in oven. The time in oven will depend. In my case it takes 50 min.


.
Ingredients.
4-5 Potatoes.
1/2 Onion.
3 Carrots.
2-3 Tablespoon of butter.
2-3 Tablespoon of sour cream.
1-3 teaspoon of mustard.




How to prepare:
1. Put to boil the potatoes, It will take more time, in my case, I cut on cubes to boil faster and to be easy to mash, .
2. Cut the carrot in small cubes and put to boil.
3. Fry the onion with bit of butter.  I add bit of oil before add the butter to protect the butter from burn..
4. When the potato is at room temperature mash it.
5. Add the carrot that also must be at room temperature.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard, 2 tablespoon of sour cream and 2 tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper to taste and mix all.
7. Try the potato. In my case, It was necessary add 2 teaspoon more of mustard and 1 tablespoon more of sour cream and butter. This will depend of the mustard you will use and the cream. I add also little bit more of salt.Mix all.
8. If you wish, you can add 1 egg, this is the time to add it. Mix with all ingredients
9. In baking mold or pan add bit of butter and add the mash potato.
10. Take to the oven preheated to 180C. from 50-60 min.
11. In my case, at 40 min. I review and the potato was almost ready, so, I remove the aluminum foil and leave in oven for 10 min more.


Enjoy of your Traditional Oven baked Mash potatoes.



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario